Monday, February 14, 2011

Gear Review: Louis Garneau Bike Shorts


Went to Petty's Saturday night to pick up dinner and spontaneously decided to walk over to Infinity Bike Shop to check out their bike shorts because I knew we had the 50-miler the next day.  Tried on a few pair and decided on the Louis Garneau Women's Alveo Zone 8+ shorts because the padding felt really good!  After getting home, I was having buyer's remorse because they were $120!!  Almost didn't wear them and thought about taking them back, but I was tired of being in pain after every long ride, so I decided to give them a try.  After Sunday's 54 mile ride, they were worth every penny!  LOVE THEM!   I wasn't in any pain at all!  After checking the internet though to get some pics to post here, I found a couple of sites that have them for a lot cheaper since they are last year's model:  Triathlete Sports, TriVillage.com, and MyCyclingGear.  You can also get the specs at one of those links if you're interested.  Looks like the updated model might be the Alveo 3K in case you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment